Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cocky vs. Confident

Alright....I feel like I owe everyone an explanation. Recently, I've been ACCUSED (more often than ever before) that I am "cocky", "self-centered", "stuck on myself", "stuck up", and/or "prideful". These accusations have been coming in all forms. I put a question about it on my facebook quiz about what people think the first time they meet me and NOT ONE PERSON guessed something other than cocky/stuck up. I just looked on my cousins blog and noticed that next to the link to my blog there is a "HUMILITY WARNING". What's with that???? My sister had a project for her Family History class and she decided to make a book about the cousins on my moms side. Each cousin had their own page and a few little "facts" about themselves and my sister had the audacity to write on my page..."Loves Sports and the Outdoors...Loves Music... and Loves HIMSELF" Then at my Gramma's 80th Birthday Party my sister handed out these books and EVERYONE seemed to agree with what was written. Those are just a FEW examples of the MANY that I've heard lately.

Now, I'm sure that none of this is news to any of you who know me but I need to make sure that I am understood. I AM NOT COCKY!!! (or any of the other things on that list) There is a difference between being COCKY and CONFIDENT. I am CONFIDENT. My competitive nature might make it seem like I believe I am better than everyone but that is more for amusement than anything. I think it is fun to trash talk but only around those that will throw it right back.

Is it my fault that I've been blessed with AMAZING good looks and a PERFECT physique? I don't believe it is :D I've been lucky enough in my life to have that certain CHARM that most people covet. Now people either out of jealousy or complete awe have decided that these gifts that I possess are better used as reasons to make fun of or dislike me. I just want the record to show that I do my best (which is pretty AWESOME) to use these blessings for the benefit of everyone. :D

Cocky people believe they are better than everyone else. NEVER in my life have I thought I was better than anyone else. Therefore, I CANNOT be labeled as "Cocky". Confidence is my FAVORITE word in the English language. In my opinion, Confidence coincides with Faith in so many aspects. I label myself as "Confident" because I know that as long as I do my absolute BEST, nothing in this world can stop me. One of my favorite quotes is from Elder Joseph B. Worthlin - "If one advances CONFIDENTLY in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet them with a success unexpected in common hours" - I use this quote as inspiration and drive in all aspects of my life.

My personality is such that I like to be very vocal about my accomplishments. This aspect has been misconstrued as bragging and boastful pride. I assure you that it's not to boast of myself but more to INSPIRE my peers :) To show that all things are possible!

I write this in hopes that all who have misunderstood my Confidence for Cockyness will understand this from my point of view and recognize that there is a difference and I am most certainly not Cocky. I'm sure this will post will clear up all the misunderstandings.



(ps - I hope no one takes this too seriously. Once again...this is mostly for entertainment)

4 comments:

Deverie said...

I am glad that is for entertainment purposes, because once again you come off as COCKY!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I just have to say, you have changed SO much from when we were little! :) This made me smile!

katie said...

logan I can't say I have seen the "cocky" side of you just your self-assured confidence.

Becca said...

OOOH Logan..Mr. Cocky! Just jokin, i don't think you're cocky. You have great confidence in yourself :)